Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Whirlwind

Well, it's been, as usual, a crazy couple of weeks!

Good news though - just this afternoon we made a deposit on a new place. We're moving to a place in Falconridge - not too far from the park and ride, but we're also going to keep our parking spot downtown for a while to see how it goes. It doesn't have a dishwasher, but it has lots of parking, lots of storage, two bedrooms, and a beautiful lilac bathtub, toilet and sink! :)We take possession on the 23rd, so we have a week of overlap to move things so it hopefully won't be too too stressful. We've gotten a six-month lease for now, so we'll see how being in a basement suite goes. Hey, if you're up for helping us move on the 31st, or to help me with packing on the 29th or 30th, that would be muchly appreciated! :)

The ski retreat was awesome and full of all kinds of crazy stories - is it a herd of mountain sheep or a flock of mountain sheep? :) Being on a bus for that long just kills my back though - I'm still feeling it. But it was worth it! I love my youth - they are so awesome. And I got to watch Dead Man's Chest, National Treasure and the Emperor's New Groove. It was just so good to spend a whole weekend hanging out with people.

And I got to spend some quality time with Sam - and talk about me being in the wedding party! Tis very exciting - I've never done this before and since the groomsmen are Matt, Trevor and Chris, it's bound to be very entertaining. We went shopping yesterday and she got her wedding dress - it's soooo beautiful - it's perfect!

I did find new boots after one failed purchase and return - huzzah! I've only worn them twice but they're already looking less new and shiny though... :(

Last week I went to see Anne Marie's performance in Trial by Jury by Gilbert & Sullivan. It was highly entertaining, and you can see pics of that and the ski trip in my web album.

Now...let the packing begin!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm glad you found a place Michelle!

Summer said...

Michelle,

I only have the opportunity to check your blog occasionally but I'm glad you guys found a place that fit within your budget! I have a lot of friends that live in the N.E. and seem to really enjoy the area (my parents are up there as well) and I hope everything goes well! I've been praying for you!

~ E