Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My poor feet...

My boot heel cracked today when I was on my way to lunch, so I spent the rest of the day hobbling around and after work began my quest to find new ones. Alas for me, I seem to have just missed the winter sales, and everyone's got their spring stuff out already, and apparently the only boots you need in Calgary this time of year are rubber wellies, not dress boots. So I finally settled on a $10 pair of Walmart shoes until I have time to hit a 'real' mall that's not Northland. So my feet are very sore from slogging around the mall in a broken heel, and I'm wishing that it would be ok to wear my slippers to work tomorrow!

In other news, the unsuccessful hunt for a place to move into on March 31 gets more unsuccessful by the day, and I'm not really sure where to go from here. So if you could keep us and our potential homelessness in your prayers, I would really appreciate it. The end of our student loans and all that are in sight, but until they're done we can only afford about $1000/month for rent, and in the market out there, that doesn't get you much, which really sucks. Our salaries have definitely NOT gone up in proportion with the current cost of living! I'm SURE God has something in mind - I'm just not sure what, and I don't want to miss seeing the opportunity when it comes up.

Yay for a three-day work week - tomorrow is my 'Friday' as I've taken the real Friday off to go with my youth/friends to Vernon for a youth ski retreat. I'm really looking forward to it, but unfortunately Trevor can't come. :( I will try and take lots of pictures with my exciting new camera to share with y'all when I get back.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I feel sorry for you poor feet Michelle. I also know how infuriating looking for dress boots at this time of year is, since I am doing the same thing. Maybe try Aldo since they did have some good ones clearance priced... If you want a shoe shopping buddy let me know! ;o)

Hopefully you find a new place...you and Trevor are in my prayers, I know how hard it can be to find an apartment in Calgary. (look where we ended up!)