Wednesday, May 16, 2007

100th Post!

Wow...look at me go! :) 100 posts in just over one year - I can't believe it's been that long already!

This past weekend was a lot of fun - on Friday night we had our last big youth event of the season, and it involved lots of hockey, Frisbee, and quite a bit of Chris getting beaten up. There was an awesome moment that I unfortunately wasn't able to capture on camera - some of the youth ganged up on Chris to give him a massive wedgie, and then they stood around him in a circle singing "shannana, shannana, hey, hey, goodbye". It gave me much joy... :)

Saturday we got up early to take our new car on it's first road trip - up to Edmonton for the day to our friend Leah's graduation from Concordia University. We had a good visit, and the ceremony wasn't quite as long as I'd thought. I saw quite a few people I recognized, including Arlene Salte, who started Break Forth. He got an award from Concordia for his work with Break Forth, which was really cool. Then we had dinner with Corey at a special restaurant called Bacon, took a quick trip through West Ed, and headed home. We made it back to Calgary in 2.5 hours, including a stop in Red Deer for gas and McDonald's. Zooooooom!!!

We went to the airport Saturday night to see Chris off on his biking adventure. He was off to a good start - the attendant at the airport who checked him out - I mean, in - didn't charge him for his overweight baggage, and I hear that he sat next to the flight attendant on the plane. Go Chris! You can follow his trip at http://www.chriscyclescanada.com/.

There are photos of Friday and Saturday up in my web album - check out some great sequential shots of Chris and Eckley wrestling! http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/michelleheumann

9 days to Nova Scotia!!!

No comments: